Get Excited! Mountain Bike Mecca is here!
Crows Nest (Queensland) welcomes you to Mountain Bike Mecca, the perfect place to pause, explore and enjoy the wonders and beauty of the High Country Hamlets region where you are closer to the clouds. Whether you call it Gravel Grinding, Gravel Biking or Gravel Riding, this is a form of cycling that combines off road and mountain-bike riding over unpaved roads. It really doesn’t matter if they are dirt roads or gravel roads, but the trails must consist of non-technical and unsurfaced roads to qualify as gravel riding. Mountain Bike Mecca caters for cyclists of all levels, skills & dedication. Mountain Bike Mecca offers mountain biking opportunities for all abilities!
Where is Crows Nest ?
Crows Nest is a rural town and locality in the Toowoomba Region, Queensland, Australia. The town is located in the Darling Downs on the New England Highway, 158 kilometres from the state capital, Brisbane and 43 kilometres from the nearby city of Toowoomba.
Rides Cater For…
- young families on the flatter terrain through the Pechey and Geham Pine Forests
- leisurely gentle, men and women’s rides along country lanes and back roads
- Gravel Grinding enthusiasts
- those who are young at heart or like a good workout on some hills,
- short and scenic loops around the area
- longer rides away from the hustle and bustle of life, and
- some of the very best coffee and food the region has to offer
Explore Our Region!
Whatever your interests, Mountain Bike Mecca is ready and waiting for you to experience the beauty and wonders of the region at a slower pace of life.
The majority of trails are on gravel and dirt roads with some sealed roads in place.
Mountain Bike Mecca
High Country Mountain Bike and Gravel Grinding Rides for ALL Abilities
You can also follow Mountain Bike Mecca on Strava and Instagram – and remember to tag #mountainbikemecca when sharing your photos.
Jointly funded by the Australian Government and Queensland Government in association with Toowoomba Regional Council under Disaster Recovery Funding arrangements.